The Hughes 269 is a two-seat piston engine trainer that first flew in
It was used extensively
by the U.S. Army for initial rotory wing training as the TH-55A Osage,
792 of which were eventually built. The TH-55 was the Army's primary
training helicopter between 1965 and 1988.
Click on the image to the right to see a full-size scan of an advertisement that appeared in the December 8, 1962 issue of Army, Navy, Air Force Journal and Register ("Spokesman of the Services since 1863").
|Hughes transferred production of the 269 to Schweizer Aircraft, which builds 300C, 300CB and 300CBi helicopters. In 2009 the helicopter was renamed the Sikorsky S-300.|